To use this option you must submit a certificate showing that you completed the course or courses along with a detailed syllabus for each course you completed. If the syllabus lacks detail then you should provide course notes.
The following example shows how this option could be used to evidence competence at Level 1 for one Learning Outcome in the Practice Management Competency Framework.
Learning Outcome: Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and appropriate application of effective procedures for compliance.
|Aspect of the Learning Outcome that needs to be demonstrated||The information that should be included if using this option||Examples of possible supporting documentation|
|Knowledge and understanding of the nomination procedure and suitability for the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)||The course(s) must cover the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) nomination procedure in sufficient detail. This could for example be covered by training on the attributes that would make a person ideal for the role of a MLRO and their duties.||Course certificate|
|Knowledge and understanding of the nomination procedure and suitability for the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO)||The course(s) or courses must cover the Money Laundering Regulations and related legislation in sufficient detail. Specifically it would cover the scope of the legislation, the duties it places on the regulated sector, offences and defences.||Course certificate|
To rely on this option you must submit:
1.A copy of the course completion/ attendance certificate
The course certificate must:
- Evidence that you completed the course
- Show the date(s) that you attended the course
- Identify the name of the body providing the training
- Show the course title so this can be referenced to the syllabus
2. A sufficiently detailed course syllabus relevant to the date that you took the course
The syllabus must:
- Be applicable to the date that you took the course. If you attended the course in 2012 you will not be able to use a 2016 syllabus unless the course provider is able to validate that the course has not changed
- Must fully cover the aspects of the Learning Outcome that you are evidencing. If it doesn’t you will have to use option 3 (a combination of course(s) and logbook entries)
- Be sufficiently detailed. If the syllabus in not sufficiently detailed you will ask to provide course notes
The onus is on you to set out how the course covers the Learning Outcome. Therefore if you are relying on a lengthy syllabus document or course notes please indicate to us which sections of the syllabus / course notes cover the aspects of the learning outcome.
On occasions the syllabus may not provide sufficient detail to demonstrate it fully covers the particular aspect of a Learning Outcome; if this is the case you should provide a copy of the course notes produced by the training organisation. You should clearly identify the specific parts of the course notes that demonstrate compliance with the Learning Outcome.