19 Nov

CPD and your Practising Certificate

It is important to remember that your CPD record is closely linked to your practising certificate eligibility.  To renew your practising certificate, you need to:


  1. Submit your CPD annually and have your record marked as ‘completed’
  2. Make the annual conduct declaration via myCILEx or MyCRL
  3. Pay the renewal fee


If your CPD record is marked as ‘non-compliant’ then you will not be eligible for a practising certificate and your details will not be displayed on the CILEx Authorised Practitioner Directory.


Remember, without a practising certificate, you are not entitled to sign legal documents as a Chartered Legal Executive.


Please review your CPD record on myCILEx or MyCRL and if any year is marked as ‘non-compliant’, please contact us for more details at cpd@cilexregulation.org.uk.